View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Santa pictures help!

I go and hang out in the area first and let them watch the other kids seeing Santa for a little while. We talk about how nice it is to tell Santa a couple of things you might want for Christmas and that he will give you a coloring book or whatever it is.

Two of my kids were scared of Santa for a year or two. We have taken them all every year and always bought the picture. I get the other kids who are not scared to take their turn and then, when I am ready to do the picture of them all together with Santa, I get everyone in place and pop the scared one in at the last minute. I tell the photographer and Santa, they may cry, so let's work fast and as long as my other kids are smiling and looking at the camera, snap it. I figure it marks that period in time, they were a little scared of Santa or perhaps any stranger holding them at that time. It is a brief moment and I am right there where they can see me. My 8 y/o loves seeing the picture of him and his older brother with Santa where he was crying. He thinks it is hilarious.

Good luck.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote