View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #10
bethn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tired of Night Nursing...

During good times DS wakes once at night to nurse. During rough times (sick, teething, etc.) he needs to nurse 3-4 times. Those are rough night for me because DS only wants me - no DH. Oh, DS is 10.5 months old and doesn't each much baby food as he just doesn't like it. We are working on small amounts of table food but he's taking his own sweet time adjusting to the texture and mashing of the food in his mouth.

But I will miss the one middle of the night nursing when DS gives it up. It's a quiet time for just the two of us. Nothing else going on. No TV, DD needing attention, phones ringing at work (DS comes to work with me), DH asking for stuff, etc. Just peace, quiet, and a gorgeous baby getting his needs met by me. Perhaps it's because I know this is my last baby so I'm trying to enjoy even the difficult moments.

That being said we have just come off 3 weeks of DS waking 3, 4 or even 5 times a night. I was hitting my limit on what I could handle but he's back to a more normal cycle now.
bethn is offline   Reply With Quote