View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 02:53 AM   #9
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do YOU eat healthy?

I'm not *that* healthy, but I try. I use ground turkey and turkey sausage a lot. My dh loves southern breakfasts, so sausage, eggs, and biscuits are a must. We eat a lot of brown rice and I try to cook everything from scratch.

Mac and cheese is easy. Cook the macaroni, throw it in a casserole dish (the deep kind) throw in a bunch of shredded chedder and a container of cottage cheese (however much makes you happy and will fit), salt and pepper, and then throw some bread crumbs on top. Or you can top it with croutons for a change. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, just keep an eye on it. If it looks like the top is getting done too quick, cover it with foil.
*I personally season everything to death, so I add garlic, parsley, and cayenne to the mac and cheese mix.

Baking your own bread is actually really easy. I don't have a bread machine, never found the need for one. Just make sure you keep your wheat flour in the ice box. Wheat has a lot of gluten and it will go rank after awhile if you don't keep it in a cool and dark place.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote