View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have major sleep issues?

have you tried any of the 'techniques' in any of the sleep books? i know cio is controversial, especially here, **NOT** looking to start another one of those threads, but when i was feeling desperate, and i had had enough and just seriously couldn't take it anymore, i let them cio. and i know it will disgust many of the mamas here, and to be honest, i am embarrassed by this, but it was liberating. i do have some regrets about the way i went about it, and i still struggle whenever we have to do it again (after our recent thanksgiving travel ), but it is really what works for us. now, that said, i don't recommend that as a first option, and not at all if you are uncomfortable with it. its a miserable experience. but i am so relieved to be able to put my babies down and have them sleep. they are still waking a few times every night, which i am getting tired of, but its not as bad as the situation you are describing. i can hear how frustrated you are. i have been there. the no cry sleep solution is a good book for getting babies to sleep better, and she (elizabeth pantley, the author) does not advocate letting babies cry, and the book is endorsed by dr sears, so that ought to tell you that it is a gentle approach.

i do agree that you need to do something, it is hard (impossible?) to be the best mom we can if we are not getting enough rest. i know for me, i was getting angry and resentful, which is not a good way to parent. i hope you find a solution that works for you and your family. and i agree, wake dh up! if he agreed (and frankly, even if he didn't!) that he was going to take care of the toddler, he needs to follow through. his kid too!