View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
onyxxmoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It happened again...

I am very over protective of my son ever since we left the hospital-- we were there for almost 8 weeks all together--- and i think b/c of that, i have always been VERY over protective... i am also an anxious person... but, when we finally got home, i NEVER put Ry down to sleep... i always held him every second of the day--- it also took me a LONG time to be able to nurse- i went through hell with it... i almost lost my milk, and i had to use the SNS (supplemental nursing system) and take donperidone (bmilk stimulant) to keep from losing my milk all together... so thats yet another reason why i held him or kept him in the sling.... sooooo my point is that it took us a long time to transition him to the point where he could even take a nap without me taking one too... but, he goes to bed in his crib for naps, and for about 5-6 hrs. at the begining of the nite-- and then he comes in our bed for the rest... this seems to work for us! The way we got there was by reading "The No Cry Sleep Solution' by Elizabeth Pantley, and ' Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child' by Marc Weissbluth, M.D. These books guided us through the transition, and helped us to do it with out 'Ferberizing' him... but, there's info in there even if you want to keep you DC in your bed completely for a while more.... good luck!

Last edited by onyxxmoon; 12-14-2006 at 04:55 PM.
onyxxmoon is offline   Reply With Quote