View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Any Mamas in Italy? Tell me about Italy!

I am so excited to hopefully visit Italy. I wanted to know some things about Italy and thought I could find the info here from the Diaperswappers mamas. I saw Angel's post and she said that I could use her questions. Anyway.. PLEASE give me all the details, tips, etc.
Also if you know of some great places to visit on vacation with a family would be. {we have teens, a 3yr. old & baby}. Also a vacation spot/spots for two adults{couple alone}.

Here are the questions~ {Thanks again Angel for letting me borrow your words/questions}.
I have also included some of my own.

I can look up and google all day about another country (I am in U.S.) but that isn't going to tell me about the personal experience of what it's really like to live there. We have often thought of what it would be like in other countries, to at least visit.
For those of you there via military from U.S. would probably be able to really tell the differences.

There's various things I wonder about such as:

1. What healthcare system do you have? Is it a universal plan, or individual policies people would buy like in the U.S. Do you have a government aid medical assistance? Do you like the way the healthcare system currently is?

2. Are there more conservatives or liberals in politics? How does that effect your laws?

3. Do they have fair trials in courts?

4. Are the laws simular to U.S. Such as no drinking and driving? Are street drugs illegal and punishable by law? What is the legal drinking age?

5. How about the right to bare arms?
Now some of mine~

6. What is the main religion there? Are you free to worship different religions? What about Pagan, Wicca, Jewish, etc? Is prayer/religion in schools? If so, which religion? {Catholic, etc}

7}. What about the school system? What would be a typical day for a child in school? What about preschool?

8}. For adults, is there an "Italian as a second language" class? {Ex. Here in the US we have free "English as a second language" classes for people who want to learn English or need help, etc}.

9}. How are Americans treated and thought of there?

10}. What is shopping & dining out like there? Are there any 'do's & don't's"?

11}.What cultural tips or FYIs should one know when visiting and/or living there?

12}. Just anything else you want to share or I need to know!

That's about all I can think of for now.. PMs are welcome if you prefer not to reply here

Thanks so much mamas for taking the time to read and respond!