View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hey mama's in France/Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami in Deutschland View Post
I've been to one in the Netherlands and its not my idea of a vacation- very generic, one-stop-shop type resort. Our friends really liked it, since the resort is very family-friendly and offers tons of activities for kids (including some child-sitting services). The villas were very nice and everything was well-maintained and clean.

I didn't like the fact that it was so far away from everything else and you didn't have many opportunities for a cultural experience. When I'm visiting a foreign country, I want to feel like I'm in a foreign country- not be surrounded by other English-speaking tourists. Maybe I also just don't see the beauty in a man-made lake in the middle of flat, flat Holland. I'd rather go hiking in an actual nature preserve. I found the food to be overpriced and uninspired.
That sounds nice! I think for our first foreign visit trip I would like something like that. I think that the people running the resort would be able to give ideas of places to go and visit if we wanted to venture out. I couldn't get the link to work as it was 'unavailable" right then. DH has relatives in Demark and friends in England, so when we visit there we will have guides. {I am always afraid to get in the 'bad' part or do something wrong}. Not meaning to of course. So the first time it would be nice to have other English speakers to help 'guide' us through.

I do understand what you mean though. It is nice to be able to be 'in' the cultural experience. I think if you don't know anyone or have friends/family there.. it is harder and not so smart to take a family 'wondering' around a country that you don't know or can't speak the language that perfectly. {I hope we do by then though}.
I am sure the second trip will be more open with more adventures. I am hoping we get to have some anyway.

Thanks for posting your experience in the Netherlands as it was very helpful.