View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #15
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you feel about...

It really depends on the male in question. I don't really know how I'd feel about a male being our church nursery person, dh & I would have to talk about it if it came up. I've had friends' dh's watch my kids and stuff. There was a time when I used to go to the gym ( HAHA!) and a guy I went to high school with who was a HUGE POT HEAD among other things, was working in their daycare! WHY? There were like a TON of girls who worked there, why put a male in there?? I personally don't THINK he would ever molest a child but sadly, in today's world, you can never be 100% sure! I suspect that a man who was like an uncle to me for MANY YEARS is involved in the child sex slave industry in Asia. He's taken many trips to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. and for no appearant reason. No family or friends, just to vacation. He hasn't been married in over 25yrs, and married an 18yo when he was married. He always pays special attention to younger girls. He never molested me or touched me innapropriatly but I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if he's molested other children. As a parent I now watch people's actions around children, their mannerisms and to tell you the truth, I don't even trust my FIL alone with my DS'. Especially my 4yo who he is just glued to when he comes over.
Anyway, I went way off on a tangent there but honestly, I probably wouldn't feel comfy with it. If I knew the male it would be different, I would consider it more but I don't know about a stranger.