View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #21
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Do You Cut Out Cursing?

Well, I was in the military and when I got out, I worked in a lot of warehouses and bars and places like that where I tended to not think so much about what I was saying. I was always kind of used to toning it down a bit in situations where it wasn't appropriate though. When I graduated from college and got a job in the business world, I had to really pay attention to how I acted and how I spoke. When I found out I was going to be a mommy, it wasn't all that hard for me to cut it out but I worried about dh. He doesn't see any big deal and doesn't even try to cut back (although he's very quick to scold me if I do let something slip ) A while back, DJ was sitting in his lap watching a football game and dh just yelled "Daaaa-aaamn!" and then I heard DJ repeat it...exactly the same. It was kind of cute because for the rest of the game, dh would mouth the words under his breath and then DJ would get the exact same look on his face and move his lips just like Daddy. I knew then that we were in trouble! So far, the worst thing we've really had to deal with is that dh and I were fighting one day and I told him to just "Shut up!" Well, for about a month, every time anyone looked at DJ sideways he'd yell "Suddup!" and I wanted to cry. He said it to me more than to anyone else too which really hurt. And I felt like such a hypocrite every time I tried to tell him that it's not a very nice thing to say and it hurts people's feelings when you say that and you should say something nicer, blah blah blah. He's finally stopped saying it now, but it's definitely made me a whole lot more careful about what I say...I don't ever want to have to deal with that again. DH still doesn't get it...he does, but he still doesn't think about what he's saying. When he says something nice or at least innocuous, and DJ repeats it, I try to point out to him then "See, this is why you have to be careful" because when he does slip, I don't want to call any more attention to it than necessary, but he doesn't even notice that he's doing it most of the time. I know that's not any help for you but good luck...
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote