View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
jillbott
Registered Users

Re: Might be moving to DFW area...info please?

Yes, the cutoff age for Kindergarten is 5 by Sept. 1st in Texas - I have dd#1 in Grapevine Colleyville ISD in Kindergarten this year and LOVE it. HEB(Hurst Euless Bedford)ISD is right next door and also has some great schools. Also, the are over by TCU has some great schools too and I think is closer to the base (it's west of Ft. Worth - Keller/Grapevin/Colleyville/the mid-cities or HEB area are all east and north of downtown Ft. Worth). My MIL used to teach at Pascal High School over in west Ft. Worth and they still have great programs/national merit scholars/ap classes, etc. So I would say, the Paschal HS district would be a good one to be in also. I have my 3 year old in the museum school at the Ft. Worth Museum of History and Science - it's a great one day a week program (it's only two hours a day though), but a GREAT program - they also have summer camps in the summer. The museum is under construction right now, but usually the Cowgirl museum has the kids exhibits. The Ft. Worth zoo rocks! And you can get a membership which will pay for itself in about 2 visits - just don't go on Wednesdays - it's half price day, so it's always crowded on Wednesdays.

What else do you want or need to know? How soon will you be here? Good luck with the move and getting here and let me know if you need any additional information, I'd be glad to help!