View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Meg-momto2
Registered Users

My Mood:
late ECing? 17mo DD spontaneously potty learning?

a little history- i knew of EC when DD was born. a few times a week i'd hold her over the potty and she's go. i had to go back to work full time when she was 6 weeks old and never gave it my full effort. we've always had our BBLP out where DD can use it. she likes sitting on it but rarely used it. in the last few weeks/month DD has been telling me when she got poop after the fact and will often say "pee" while changing her diaper. she gets naked time often but never really used her potty. when she would have accidents i direct her to her potty.

so, i've recently become very frustrated with CDing and changing a screaming, fighting 17mo diaper. out of pure frustration i let DD go bottomless on Wednesday. she had two little(like drops) accidents in the morning and by evening she was going on her own. Thursday was the same. she would go 100% on her own almost all day. i had to run out after DH got home and he asked that i put her in a diaper while i was gone. i came home to her sitting on the potty, clothed, but obviously trying to use it. i had no intentions of potty learning her right now. i was just sick of changing diapers and was willing to clean pee and poop of the floor for a few days just to get a break. i have no idea where to go from here. i guess i need to look to little trainers or undies. i'm worried about traveling for Christmas and regressing. i'm in such shock i'm not sure where to go from here.
Meg-momto2 is offline   Reply With Quote