View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
aidensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: late ECing? 17mo DD spontaneously potty learning?

DS is 18 months now. At 16 months, he started doing the same thing as your daughter, so we would let him go on the potty once a day as a special treat I had a lot going on with dr appts, being sick, work, etc and I couldn't make the potty training effort consistent because our daily schedule was all wacky. So, for two months, we just had him use the potty once or twice a day.

Fast forward to this week....he's 18 months now. He still shows an interest in the potty, so on Monday we went straight to undies (with wool pants to catch any dribbles). On Monday morning he had about 4 accidents, then was fine all afternoon. Each day was better and better. Yesterday, Thursday, we spent all day out and about and he wore training pants with wool "just in case" He stayed dry all day and used the public potty when needed!

The only accident we are having is with poop, but he's coming and telling me right away....that's just going to take a little while longer for him.

So, long story short, if the interest is there, keep it up! If trying to work on it during travel is too challenging, then go back to diapers for the car ride and just use the potty whenever possible. By the time you get back, she'll be a few months older and even more eager and you can probably go straight to undies.

You may strive to be like them but seek not to make them like you."
-- Kahlil Gibran
aidensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote