View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

Re: Away from baby for weekend ?

Wow! I am kind of surprised at the responses that say cancel the trip, but I guess I asked for it Like I said before, this is the longest time I've nursed, so I'm proud of myself for making it this far! I don't really enjoy nursing, and have never been particular confident doing it (prior 3 babes I've always questioned if I'm drying up, which has led me to wean, kwim?) So I think I'm doing better this time Dh and I have been discussing weaning, because with all the night feedings, etc. I am feeling really drained. I so admire those of you who can have a reasonable quality of life without good sleep (or maybe your babies sleep the night through), but my quality of life really diminishes when I get woken up so frequently, but that's kind of an aside to my question.

I can certainly appreciate that some of you would not feel comfortable being w/o baby for so long, I know that this weekend away is very worthwhile for me. It's not so much a fun-filled weekend of gabbing w/girlfriends & shopping as it is a time to focus on me and bring clarity to my life. I am the nurturer to all, so this is a time to be a nurturer to myself, kwim? It only happens once a year and I know I really need it - especially now that I do have yet another dc.

I think I've gotten the reassurance that I needed to take my pump along with me and dump. Dd frequently has an evening bottle, so I'm confident that she will be sufficiently nourished while I'm away. I guess the worse thing that would happen is that I would dry up, and cause weaning, but I'll plan to eat my morning oatmeal and drink my Mother's Milk Tea to keep lactating, and hope for the best.
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote