View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mommas I need help

first of all, . I had ppd until ds was 19 months and sleeping through the night. That's when I realized it and got help. I know for a fact that there are medications that are safe for BF and pregnancy even!

If you are interested, I have a link to a website that has a great survey/evaluation. I'm going to list it below. It helped me realize what I was dealing with and helped a lot when I went to see my OB and my therapist for the first time about it.

http://www.pndsa.co.za/ms-fc.htm

Also know that relactating can be done. You have to stick with it, and it will take a while to get back up to your normal supply, but it is very possible! I would consult a lactation consultant, and they will be able to give you the help you need! Many times they will help you over the phone for no charge. I know there are two here in town that do that! I wouldn't start trying to relactate, though, until you seek help for the PPD. It is an added stress and you want to make sure you are on the right path first!

Returning to nursing will help you bond with your baby again, and probably make you feel much better about yourself! It is something positive that you are doing naturally!

Good luck, and feel free to PM if you want to chat!