View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
autumnlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mommas I need help

BIG HUGS!!! First and foremost, it is a good thing you are acknowledging PPD and that you could be suffering from it. I HIGHLY agree with the pp that you should address the PPD 1st and then relactating.

I stopped BF when dd was 6 months old due to severe milk supply issues and ezcema on my nipples. I found myself obsessing with being able to BF her and cried and cried with the challenges I faced. This was before my PPD treatments.

I actually started CD when DD was 5.5 months old b/c I knew BF wasn't going to last much longer and I needed a new "obsession". I have PPD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder along with PPD Post Traumatic Disorder. I guess I should say "had" and not "have" -- it's amazing, you really do get through these dark days...they don't last forever and they surely go away sooner with help.

Lately, I've had dreams of milk just overflowing from me and my starting to BF again. I really missed the nursing relationship...but in many ways, when I did stop BF - I was finally able to get the help for me to get through PPD and THAT is what helped me bond with my DD.

PM me if you have any questions about PPD. Good luck and again many hugs!