View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone raising their kids bilingual?

We are not a bilingual family and ha, my LO isn't even due until April but thought I'd put my in. There are several families at my church that are bilingual. I am from Ohio so it is not like there is a whole lot more than English spoken around here. But anyways there are a few little boys who speak both English and Spanish and both of the grandparents attend the church. One set is English speaking the other Spanish speaking. You'll see one of the boys running around playing or whatever and he will go up to his GP's, doesn't matter which set and speak their tongue to them.

All this to say that I don't think they get confused early on I think it only helps them. Kids are amazing at picking up languages and for many of us we could only wish that our parents had taught us a second language when we were young. I think it's a wonderful gift you could give to yor children even if it's not a neccesity. I think it helps them develop better languages skills, even in English.

Sorry so long...just my .

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote