Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: From Infertility to BFP

1st OB appt 1/30/09:
It went fine...except for my Dr is a BozoHe had no idea about delivering anything higher than twins and I am pretty sure that no one in the practice has delivered quads in the whole 8 years he has practiced there (he is the most senior Dr on staff). He knew nothing about quad pregnancy and I actually think he was making answers up to my questions and i could tell b/c i have been reading anything and everything to do with preemies and higher order multiples. I was hugely annoyed at the 4 hour appt and disappointed at who they assigned to primarily take care of me for the pregnancy and delivery. They want to see me every 2 weeks for the entire pregnancy and he is trying to push the tri screen on me in 2 weeks. But i have an appt set next friday with a perinatology group who practices "old school" aka they take care of me 100% of the time and i don't have to see any OB's at all...their group does everything, so I might be switching providers....although the perinatology group is almost 1.5 hours away and so is their hospital. So i am completely confused as what to do
Anyway Dr Bozo said they would only U/S me every 4 weeks and it had been 4 weeks since me last U/S so he did U/S me be he didn't measure heart beats or the baby's size...he just wanted to see "if the babies were just hanging out in there" Ugh....soooooo annoying....a 4 hour complete waste of time with blood work that i had already done.
And all was good with the babies....good strong HB's is what he said although he didn't count them....and he said size was fine...without measuring them.....oh and my fav comment was that i only needed to up my dietary consumption 300 calories/day This guy is such a joke.
Oh yeah and the babies were all moving around and baby C kept waving at us...it was nuts!!! I wish we had it on video. You could pretty much make out all of the major parts on each baby at just shy of 10 weeks!!!

1st Perinatology appt 2/6 @10W6D:
I guess i never posted this.....US pic from first visit with my new dr, a perinatologist. I like this guys tons more than the first one.

BABY A:

BABY B:

BABY C:

BABY D:

2nd Perinatology appt 2/27:
nothing much to update today.....they only measured the length of my cervix (which is still nice and long and thick) and the tech checked that they all still had heartbeats while the Dr was talking to me so i didn't get to see anything:-( He said they all still look good though. And he was less than impressed with my 8lb weight gain....it made me want to kick him in the chonnies. I gained 3lbs in the first 11 weeks and then in the next 3weeks i gain 5 lbs and he is still not happy.....there is no pleasing this man. Next US in 2 weeks....and this one they will measure the babies and maybe we will see gender!!!!

Belly pic...13W6D:

New belly pic from 3.10.09 @ 15W3D

Last edited by kristinc; 03-10-2009 at 11:37 AM.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote