View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
Carrie
Registered Users

Frugal Eating Support Thread

O.K. it is confession time for me. I wanted to figure out where all of our money went this month. I went through our bank statement online and figured out that we spent 893.07 on groceries and toiletries in the past month . It needs to be half of that, at most. No, we don't buy champagne and caviar. We actually eat pretty simply most of the time, and we are stocked for the next two weeks except for perishables. But we think we can afford luxuries like wine and starbucks, and obviously we can't. So here are some of my strategies:

Stop shopping at Whole Foods except for meat and milk, and then only twice a month
Don't buy anything that isn't on the list
Stock up on staples (like coffee ) at Sam's when we get paid
I signed up for the $1 trial of thegrocerygame so I'm going to look for specials there on items we normally buy

Does anyone want to start a frugal eating support thread with me? We could share strategies, thrify menus, and most importanty check back in to keep each other on track. I feel like Dh and I are food shopping addicts enabling each other!