View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #84
All4Ella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: $135 a day for daycare!!! I'm so frustrated :( (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmaine View Post
When I read the title I thought you must be from Seattle. That's the going rate here, but it is for a Nanny. Someone who would come to your house and also doing light cleaning and little extras like that.

But there is a difference from a Nanny to you having to bring your little one out at 6:45a.m. And that mom being able to stay home. I think that 25-35 a day is reasonable for your area.

Keep looking you'll fing the right person.

ME TOO!!!

Before I had DD, I was making $17/hour as a nanny. I went to their house, cooked for, cleaned up after, and took care of their child. I also was the one to accompany her to multiple therapy sessions per week.

After I had DD, I went back to work for a few months, and made $14/hour. Again, I went to their house, cooked for (bottles), cleaned up after, and took care of their child. No therapy this time, but I had my 3 month old (at the time) DD with me, so my attention was split, therefore dropping my rate.

If I were to watch a child in my home, I would still make about $15/hour, but I was a professional, career nanny, AND I have an AA degree in Early Childhood Ed. Not that any other mother is inferior to me, but if you are a SAHM with no prior experience/education, you can not ask what a professional nanny (with our without a degree) would ask.

Anyway, . There is bound to be other, more affordable and APPROPRIATE options in your area. Good luck!

ETA: I just read that you found something that works. Congrats!!! And good job for standing your ground.

**PATENT PENDING DESIGN!**

Last edited by All4Ella; 01-08-2009 at 08:50 PM.
All4Ella is offline   Reply With Quote