View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
NoellaBelle
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wilton Color Chart for Yarn - links fixed ; )

Here it is!

These colors were dyed mixing the wilton dye with 1 tsp of water and adding to a strand of lion brand vinegar soaked yarn. I then microwaved them in sandwich bags to set the color.

I'm not sure how the colors will vary with other yarns.

The blues that had the most trouble were cornflower blue, delphinium blue, and royal blue. The first two especially separated into purple quite a bit.

The black turned a dark brown in this sample; this one didn't completely set (the plastic bags started to melt, so heat time had to be over!) and blueish tones washed out when this one was rinsed.

I did a test of my color samples by picking out four of them to try to recreate. I chose light sky blue, dark teal, light buttercup yellow, and dark brown.

I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Here's some yarn I dyed a couple of weeks ago and the longies I made with it.

[

And here are a few other mini skeins I've done with wiltons so far. I need to finish and get cracking on some scrappy pants!

red, orange, buttercup yellow (I think), and copper

brown, sky blue, leaf green, buttercup yellow, orange, red red

all the greens, with the moss green resoaked in green koolaid to get rid of some purple undertones

ivory, brown, black (black was added b/c delphinium blue turned purple and adding green didn't help, so that part was triple dyed...I was so surprised it turned out okay!)

Anyway, I hope that helps someone! And sorry if the pics are too big; I tried to resize but it's not reflecting it yet.

Last edited by NoellaBelle; 03-24-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: fixing links
NoellaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote