View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
Starr5678
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP Please-any mom's with LO in daycare

I've had the same experience as a almost everyone writing here: I sent AIOs or pockets, DC sent them home poop and all, I washed and returned them. Annoying at first, but I was greatful to not have to use disposables.

The biggest issue that I came up against was actually training pants and PLing, which blind-sided me a bit. First, I had to fight with the DC to start DS PL'ing there earlier than they had him "scheduled" to because he was already making progress at home and I wanted consistency. Then, they got very upset at me for sending him with cloth training pants. They wanted disposables. The main provider gave me all sorts of bogus reasons for it, including that when she took the kids out for walks, my DS would have an accident and she wanted a 'sposie so she could leave him wet until they got back to the center instead of either changing him outdoors or taking him back to the center right away. I was majorly POed at this and threatened to pull DS out of that center. I pointed out that she wouldn't do that if a child pooped, so why would she do it to a child who had peed. Then, she gave me the excuse that it would take DS longer to PL with cloth. Uh, whatever. Anyway, we fought and fought and fought over it. In the end, I pulled DS out for a couple of weeks, PLed him at home by myself and sent him back in undies and PLed (except at nap time, when he still wore a dipe). The provider couldn't believe that (a) he was really PLed and (b) that he had done it at 2.5 years old. But, he was fine - yes, had a few accidents as newly PLed kids do, but was fine in undies. Later she actually apologized to me and said she should have trusted that I knew what I was talking about. Since then, we've had a good relationship.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there as something you might need to think about and discuss with the DC. Good luck all!