Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Chatter Weekend Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Yea we are in a unique situation though because a lot of people are looking to downsize into something the size/ price range we are selling and looking to sell stuff the size/price range we are looking in.

The other problem is this place needs some stuff done (paint, patched holes etc) that would require moving a whole mess of stuff (we are talking living room) and I just dont see how thats possible with the kids here...we dont have any other space to put them during the day so I dunno.

We are also giving thought to moving into a new house, fixing up this one and then renting it out while it is on the market so that way at least we can pay the mortgage with the rental $$...we were paying $40 a month less in rent just down the road for a house with one less bedroom and one less bathroom...

I dunno, lots of logistics
I completely understand. I'd like to paint too, but there is no way with 2 kids running around. the paint isn't bad at all but you know, just grungy or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
Jordan
sounds nice to build your own home

hope things really improve in the market for us
I guess we are in a good situation to build our own house. FIL and DH built the IL's house. FIL is a roofer with lots of friends and other family members who are in the construction business. Dh actually built our over-sized 2 car garage on our house we are in now. Get got in on this house when it was still being built 4 years ago so we got to pick all the paint, floors, cabinets, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Yuck Maya, I am sorry you are feeling so trapped. Thats no fun at all. Seems like there are a lot of upside down mortgage people these days. I hope it improves soon!

I only feel trapped in the total lack of space sense. There is no basement and functionally its only a two bedroom with no basement....the amount of junk my husband has that he refuses to get rid of is out of control.

If we had a basement we could make it work but just isn't space. Plus when DD gets into a toddler bed she would have to move into DSs room because the room she is in now (with her crib) is *totally* unsafe for a child to be in unless they are contained.
I feel so trapped by lack of space too! We have a family room, kitchen, laundry, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms and I really need a office/sewing area. Right now now, the computer is in the family room and I sew at the kitchen table.