View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: We need to advocate more...

dont know what TO do. my godson, his moms sister had a 6mo and she said it felt like her bf playing with her the 2 ties she tried, so she couldnt. my godsons mom tried a few times, the nurses lied some mroe (i HATE that hospital btw in case youbve never read anything by me talking about my brother or godsons births) and said he didnt have formula, that formula is better, andthat it wouldnt bother the baby to get formula and then bm later when she was ready to try :sigh: one did try to help her, and was really sweet but she got thre about when she had to leave :sigh:

then she had another one, she says she did 3 months, but i have no idea i wasnt around until she wa 4 months old and they moved back home again.

then hr sis had another one and didnt evemn try, period. her bf wouldnt let her even TRY this time. hes 1 now and her daughter is 5 now.

i mean what CAN you to help? its the craziest reasons. this last one born though, she wanted a vbac ( dont get me started on that doc and why she had a csection to begin with, ill put it this way, she was turning 17 in 3 weks, and the doc is umm..a moron to say the least ) and nope, of course not. then, she wanted to bf and nope, of course not. then my godsons mom, she had all kinds of crap they lied about and then no support but me and i had t leave the hospital after stayng 3 days and a nurse noticing and freaking out on me and calling security but she was doing pretty good until thejn and gave up..and then i bf in front of them, their dad who they both spent time in and out of the house, no bfing in front of him, preferably not in hois house, i said i can if i want to or he can kick us both out and he didnt but still.. ugh.
my godsons lil sister was a vbac birth, (yup same idiot did first c and more lying...she was 18.5)
its like.....they were both doomed from the beginning ya know?

theyre the only ones ive been around through pregnancy and birth
and all straight through, not just intermittienly seeing so i use them as examples (well besides my mom but she bf me until i was almost 4 and my brother until he self weaned at 1 and something, for a weird reason lol) so its like..ive tried and tried to educate and help, even as a 14 and 15yo friend, but i mean, wht can you do when EVERYTHING and everyone else is against it and saying 'wic is free, use that' umm HELLO?? breastmilk is also free, no chance of running out (unless you have issues, wichi undestna dcompletely) and its better for mom and baby, cancer reducer for mom, etc...WHY is it shot down by SO many people?? i just dont get it and ive seriously gotten so frustrated i was crying before because noone will listen to me, im the crazy chick, of course so what do i know? :sigh:

sorry about that, im just saying...for real, what do you do when NOTHING you suggest or try to help with is backed up and youre called nuts? by the girl/womans parent, bf, ther friends, NURSES, doctor, etc??? i just dont know how to help anyone unless theyre already set to bf, ad wont take n for an answer and jus tneed help starting or support to get through the beginning or something, ya know??
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote