View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #185
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics "Why are these pink?!" Tuesday

Well they were fixing a mini power outage at work and ended up shutting down the power for an entire block so I'm home early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Yes, KAri, from today. Ugh.

I really admire you guys who have unplugged from the TV. We are hardwired into it. It's a struggle to keep the kids to two hours a day. Do you rent a lot of movies? We do, on top of TV. THe kids watch all educational TV and disney or disney-type movies...except for DH's football and music videos (he watches old classic videos, prescreened, not the risque ones in front of them) and then when #1 spends the night at grandma's house, evidently they eat hotdogs and cheetos and watch infomercials LOL, thus the snuggy reference.

I think I and the kids could do without cable, we'd just watch movies on occasion and TV from the internet, but DH would never do it. But I could never unplug from internet, and there's not a cost-effective way to do high-speed internet only.
We have DSL-only from Qwest for $35/month, and our phone is Vonage over the DSL line so $28/month, no cell phones or TV. The cheapest for adding cable would bump it up to $99 for a short promo and then $115 and up a month. And we watch DVDs, and I'm starting to check out online TV, but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
Ugh....Bethann you aren't the only one dealing with money problems today...

Dh is home sick and I decided to raid his wallet to write down the subway runs that we have made this weekend...and I found 2 receipts that I had no idea about...a $25 dr co-pay and a $45 fuel bill

So not only am I overdrawn until tomorrow-I can't even afford to e-file my taxes to get my $2600 back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
also for medical stuff. we use the thing where a certain amount is deducted weekly throught the year... like we said $1500 and then they distribute it through the year. and then we get a debit card to pay for co pays, rx, tylenol and all that kind of stuff. i used it last year to get a super nice breast pump... the $ they deduct is off the gross, so it isnt taxed and like i said it can be used for other stuff. its nice for $$$$$ prescriptions. i have had some that is $150 for a month.... we couldnt do it without the card. ask about it at work...

thats funny i sound like a commercial
I'm waiting for my debit card to show up...
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote