View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Morning! Yes, sometimes I wish we were in a colder climate. Those three years in Chicago were nice. But almost all our extended family is in a 90 mile radius, so it's nice to be close to family. That's what I tell myself in the 100+ temps of August.

Yay for car! I seriously cannot live without my own car here. I walk the kids to school and the park, but that's it. There is at least one medical appointment of some kind every week, and I'd have no other way to get there. This is a driving city, public transit is pretty inefficient here unless you are taking the train to downtown. Not like Chicago at all, where you can get anywhere by bus or train if you don't want to walk! My car has about a year left on the payments (from back when then gave 0 interest loans) and I am SO looking forward to diverting that money to debt snowball. DH is already telling me I should trade up my car to a bigger model, but I am perfectly fine squishing the three kids in the back of my Saturn Vue. He wants the option of being able to take one set of grandparents in the car too, but phooey on that. Let 'em follow me.

Wednesdays are my busy days. Gotta take #1 to physical therapy. I'm hoping they'll discharge her soon, so we can do fun activities like some sort of team sport or art/music class or storytime or something instead of this. There's only a small window when the girls are considered in the same age group and can sign up for the same classes (age 3-5), and PT is burning up that window.