View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Jana315
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy OT - how do you go about separating?

OK - I'm sure this is totally off topic, and I don't know where to post this, but I really do need some ideas.....

DH and I often don't get along & I'm just tired of it. It has gotten worse in the last few months and I don't have patience anymore & neither does he. I'm thinking that it is time to separate before something bad happens (turns physically abusive, etc.). This really sucks because he's a fabulous Dad (when he's not yelling at me & putting me down in front of the kids, yea...right). Anyway, I don't want to be single, but it isn't fair to the kids & oldest dd is picking up on the way he puts me down & she's starting to do it too. There is nothing worth teaching my daughter to let a man treat her the way that DH is treating me when he's in "one of his moods".

Anyway, I'm totally lost here & need ideas/support. If we didn't have a mortgage it would be a lot easier...but nothing is worth what I've been going through with DH since around Christmas.

Thanks for listening & ideas are totally appreciated.... counseling does NOT work for us - we've been doing that for years.