View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone have a grandmother that never nursed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjunniper View Post
My grandmother did not nurse any of her children, her first was born in 57' and the last maybe 67' something like that. She used formula or milk. She was wealthy and priviledged, and wealthy and priviledged woman did not nurse their babies. Only poor woman did. It was about society, and which one you were in. In my family I have nursed my children the longest. I have nursed each for 2 years, and my youngest is 14 months old. My mom did nurse my little sister part time until she was 9 months, but that is it.
Intresting because my 2 aunts (the oldest of the 4) are 15 months apart (I think) and I know that when they were young (younger then 4 or 5) they lived in a trailer where it was soooo cold that my grandmother couldn't let my aunts play on the floor. She said it was very hard to keep 2 kids in bed all the time. So I don't think that my grandmother (or her family for that matter) were very wealthy. I also know that my grandmother's parents were divorced (albeit for a good reason) and I would think that would mean that she came from a poorer family.