View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
*Aimee*
Registered Users
seller

Please help me, lack of sleep is killing us...

My son has always been a horrible sleeper. But it was getting better. For about a month. He's 10.5 months old. He would get up every 2 hours to eat and then need to be rocked to sleep. It sucked but it was doable. A month ago he started sleeping 3 hours and not wanting to eat. It was heaven! Well, now for the past month or so he has been horrible.

He goes down at 8:00. sleeps for 1.5 hours gets up. I put him down and he sleeps until 11:30ish. Then he won't go back to sleep really. He just thrashes and cries. It's like we're doing him this horrible disservice by having the audacity to sleep next to him. But if we try to move and give him a bigger space he freaks out because he wants us touching him. It makes NO sense whatsoever. This continues until 5:00. I spend hours a night crying while my son thrashes around and hits me, scratches me (he likes to try to hold on to my boobs like with his fingernails!). he is NOT in pain, he is NOT teething. This is just how he is.

We've coslept since birth. I formula feed due to IGT. I tried to get him in his own bed (in our room) and he hated it. His constant waking is waking everyone in our family. My 2 yr old has a bed in our room.

My DH tried to CIO with him at about 8 months and he cried for 5 min. and then was so upset DH freaked out and pulled him out. I'm VERY anti CIO so I was not happy with this, but understood DH's need for sleep. At this point I'm willing to try anything. I'm going to buy a white noise machine too.

The thing is, I'm so tired I'm getting sick constantly. I cant focus. I can't parent my son and I suck at parenting Leif because I'm so tired. I am becoming extremely resentful of him. Last night I even thought I didn't love him. Which isn't true but I hate those thoughts.

Please help me. We're totally desperate here. Thank you.