Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #12
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:
Re: The Wool I Know -- Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisses View Post
Good morning Ladies!

Well me and DH are narrowing it down of where to go for our Anniversary and are looking into Asheville. We looked there once before,but are now looking into it again. We think it will be a nice place and a days drive from some other places we would love to go see as well. Any good place to visit and stay?

On a woolie note I finished the hat I knit for my friend who is adopting a little boy in a couple of weeks. It is blocking and almost dry. Will take a photo in a bit. I have to make a pom pom for the top still.
Ah Asheville, the home of my heart! If you're planning to get all spendy, I'd say splash out for a weekend at the Grove Park Inn. If that's a bit much for your style, I would suggest the Haywood Park Hotel downtown.

Some restaurants worth a visit would definitely be Salsas on Patton, the Laughing Seed on Wall Street, and The Noodle Shop at pack square.

If you're into hiking, the Blue Ridge Parkway is right there, and of course, for sight-seeing, the Biltmore Estate is always worth a visit. Have fun!
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote