View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WEEKEND Back 2 Basics...

Okay gals, I'm back. First things first, what's on the bums. #3, a snappied toddler PF and recycled striped woolies, my weekend standby because it's easy, needs no doublers or anything, and DH can get it off. #2, I think a XL FB, but DH changed her so I'm not sure.

I went out for drinks with the moms in my playgroup last night. I have not been very active in the playgroup, at least as active as I used to be, since getting PG with #3. These are a very fun bunch, got me into CDing, but this is the first time we've done something socially sans kids. It was so fun, and it was nice to get out and talk to only adults, something I don't get to do often. And we decided that we should do something like that every month, which would be great - I'm really getting to be a hermit the older I get and need to be forced out some.

BUT...it was expensive, and as I suspected, I can't drink while BFing and am paying the price for trying (I couldn't with the other two kids either). I had no more than 1/4 of a margarita, and I was sick last night and have a slight hangover today - and I didn't even drink enough to get a buzz or anything! I know you might think why not wine or beer, but it would have had the same effect, so being a Texas girl I picked tequila as my poison because that's what we do here. I don't know what it is about my body chemistry while nursing, I just can't process alcohol AT ALL. Stinks. So I'm worried I may be a drag at future outings, being the "dry" one and also because of finances, I may not be able to go to very many depending on the activities they choose. These girls have not felt the pinch of the economy yet - or at least aren't saying they do. If I went to playgroup more often I could plant suggestions for cheaper activities, but until #1 gets discharged from physical therapy, I don't see that happening.

What's everybody's plans for this weekend? Is this Oscar weekend already? I don't think I've seen any of the movies nominated, even if I knew what they were!