View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #47
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Journey to Conception group grads!

OK, Crystal! Yes, protein is GREAT for keeping nausea at bay. Try to eat something small every hour or two. Sometimes when the blood sugar goes down or your tummy is empty it triggers it. Eating protein keeps you going and fuels your body. A string cheese, a hard boiled egg, some chicken, whatever you can stomach will help. Also, make sure to drink PLENTY of water as that covers a multitude of things. I used to be so guilty about not doing it and suffered through many symptoms (previous pregnancies).
Ginger helps alot, too, with settling the tummy. If you can get crystalized ginger, do so! It tastes like candy and works wonders.
I even resorted to sea bands once during pregnancy. It applies accupressure to the insides of the wrist and supposedly helps with motion sickness. Not sure it helped but it tricked my mind to think so a few times. hee hee
Some girls report sour things (candies, actual lemons, that kind of thing) work to combat morning sickness.
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote