View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
FallBabies
Registered Users

Stroller Help Needed (triple/quad)

Hey Mamas,
I'm at a loss and welcoming advice! (Begging for advice, is more like it.)

My twins are almost 18 months. They'll be almost 21 months when baby #3 arrives. They are very active and run away every chance they get, so I absolutely know that I need a stroller that I can strap them into (Sit N Stand wouldn't work for us.)

I have found a couple of strollers that COULD meet our needs. Most triples are for one toddler and two younger (two reg. seats plus one toddler seat), and I KNOW these boys will not do well if they have a really limited view. So the ones that I have found give a nice view for each child. However, they are all very expensive, all starting at $400 (used) on up.

Now... I just got hired to watch another little guy, who is a few months younger than my boys. I'm debating if I should just go ahead and spend a bit more for a quad stroller. On the one hand, I don't know that I'll be taking them out beyond neighborhood walks (since traveling w/ four in the van would be very difficult), but it would certainly be nice to have the option to do walks occasionally. I could always use a wagon, but I don't know if I will like carrying the infant while pulling a wagon (I couldn't ever comfortably wear my twins, even one at a time, so I am not sure how I'll be at it this time.)

So, what would you do?
Get a triple?
Get a Quad?
Buy the cheapest I can find (even if it looks miserable to push?)
Buy the super expensive one (that looks like a dream to push?)

The ones that I am considering are:
The Triple Decker http://www.doubledeckerstroller.com/index.shtml (HOPING it would last us for years, but everyone seems to sell it pretty early.)

ABC Everest Twin with toddler seat or double seats on top http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/products.html (I know this one is very highly recommended, but it is pricey and I can't find it used, so I'd probably have to buy new.)

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!!! My mom says "Just don't plan on going anywhere. Then you won't need a stroller." Great... Thanks, mom.