View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #111
reagansmom05
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone have a grandmother that never nursed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
My grandmother had 5 children. One died early on but the other 4 she says she never nursed. It is so strange for me to talk to her because for me I assume that formula didn't come around till maybe the 60's and she had her last child (my mother) in 1957 (her first was around 1945). So when I am talking to her she is somewhat clueless as to the trials and tribulations I am going through (all normal).

I get the impression that the only person that breastfed for longer then a few weeks in my family was my cousin (who admittedly is a bit of a black sheep in the family).

Does anyone else have a grandmother or someone that they are close to that you would think would have breastfed but never did?

My grandmother says that with here first she gave her diluted (with water) milk. Can you imagine just giving a child cows milk under a year?
OP your signature is amazing
Anna, sahm to THREE boys [Reagan 4/25/05 & Hunter 7/17/07 & Logan 12/22/09 ] & one lost bean 2/15/09, Air Force Wife & SAHM. i love free gift cards from SWAGBUCKS!! EBATES and CloudCrowd and CASHBAQis where I earn paypal!! easy paid emails!!
reagansmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote