View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non-spankers (could also go with ppd...)

I am in this boat, too. I was spanked, slapped, belted, you name it as a child. With the ppd it is so hard. When I have a particularly bad day, I wind up slapping DS's hand all too often. I have never spanked him or anything else, but I have slapped his hand. It is automatic when I am at my wit's end and unable to think clearly. I feel horrible about it, but can't change the fact that I've done it. Sometimes when I've had a particularly bad day, I find myself justifying it, and that's when I start to feel really badly, "well if you hadn't done that, mommy wouldn't have slapped your hand." How horrible is that to a two-year-old?

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one either!

And the important part is that you recognize that it is a struggle and you are conscious of what is going on. I would worry if you didn't care that you had done it, or just blew it off as something you couldn't help!