View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Are they really getting "dumber"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epernat View Post
I have four kids (so far). It just seems like each child is slightly slower to learn than the one before! My DD is very smart and she likes to learn, no problem there! The next one in line is high needs, so really, I don't expect him to sit dowm and learn how to correctly form the letters and he is only slightly behind his peers which is typical for his mentality. Then comes the third DS. He talks, but not very many words and it is impossible for anyone to understand him even though he's almost three, he guesses at his colors, has no idea about letters, can only count to three etc. I know that he isn't too far behind, but the other two were far beyond him at his age, is there hope for the 3mo old? Do you think that it's because I don't have the time to teach them like I did with only one or two? My unhelpful and trying to be funny DH said it's because I'm getting older and my eggs aren't as good! Do others with many children experiance this as well? I am really getting worried!
i can totally relate. my oldest did everything "early", so when my second baby came along, i was demanding that my ped would tell me that he was delayed. he did everything on a "normal" schedule BTW. what i know is that every child develops on his/her own schedule and that they all have different strengths. although they may not be obvious, they reveal themselves in time. and also the ones that are "ahead" also can show "delay" at other stages. so just trust that you are doing a great job, mama. kids learn and develop in so many different ways, you will realize the true fruits of your labor when they are adults and raising their own families...

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote