View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:
Re: What & how much is your 8 mo old eating (solids)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniehauser View Post
Ohh and I have at least two boxes of german baby cereal we haven't used. I can APO it to hewr if she wants it. I will have hubby translate it prior to shipment too.
You are so sweet! I have been emailing her responses from here and getting a little more info. For one, I didn't realize they have moved to Paris for the rest of their overseas stay. The markets are very overwhelming to her. She's hoping to go shopping with a "local" soon.

Her dd doesn't like texture. They are hoping to borrow a blender, not wanting to buy one for the short time they will be there (till May). She has a hand grinder. The other "issue" is tendency towards constipation. The baby is nursing great but clamoring for solids.

So, she's been grinding some of th fruit compotes (pear, prune, apple). The sweet potatoes were like $3 each, so that can't be a staple. She's worried about bananas constipating. They are doing barley and oatmeal cereal (avoiding rice for constipation). She can't find squash. She didn't like avacado the frist offering. Gagged on whole peas. Teethes on the end of a bagget (sp?).

I suggested canned pumpkin (if she can find it), hard boiled egg yolks, and yogurt.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
mama_times5 is offline   Reply With Quote