View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crazy, overly paranoid question about EpiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
So it wouldn't be the first time there was an exposure. Allergies are a reaction to something you have been exposed to first. That is why if your kid has a minor reaction to something you need to be really aware because that could just be the precursor to something major.

That said - I always keep (for myself) Benedryl tablets. My friend who is an ER nurse told me if you ever have a bad allergic reaction chew up a couple tablets - it will get into your system really fast.

I am kind of allergy phobic. My sister fed my DS peanut butter the first couple times because I was afraid.

I have had a couple allergic reactions to things and still deal with PTSD from the experiences. I hope my kids don't have the same issues - allergy or mental health.
Ah okay! I kept thinking well how on earth would I know if they were going to have a fatal reaction...lol...I didn't realize that the first reaction tends to be mild but the precursor.

I'll do the benadryl tablets for sure. Thanks!!!

I'm kind of a phobic about this too just because bad allergies run in the family!