View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Crazy, overly paranoid question about EpiPen

Ok, I don't mean to sound really rude, but first off you can't have a reaction the with the first exposure. Also, why are you worrying about an epipen situation that hasn't happened?? My DD was 5 at the time she first administered the epipen to me, and was 6 when she administered it to herself. Take a breath and worry about other things that the what ifs. Enjoy your kids. No you don't have to call 911 if you use the epi, but you do still need to seek medical treatment. You can give up to 3 epipens while waiting or enroute to hospital. Yes, it's scary but why would you carry one if you didn't need it? I think it's a big waste of money if you don't need it. They expire in 1 year, so you are saying you are going to spend 100$ per year just in case your kids are allergic?
Your kids could walk across the street and get hit by a car, or choke on food, are you going to make them stay in your yard and not eat food too?
living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011

Last edited by spotsmum13; 03-27-2009 at 06:11 PM.
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote