View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: any ideas for my cruble cake

Have you ever made Cake Balls?? They're super yummy and work great when you mess up a cake!! LOL Here's the recipe-

Cake Balls

1 cake mix (any flavor of your choice)
1 container of frosting (any flavor of your choice)
chocolate for dipping

Bake the cake according to box directions in a 9x13 pan. Allow cake to cool and then crumble entire cake in a large bowl. With frosting at room temperature, mix into crumbled cake. Yep, just mix in the frosting. I like to use a fork to do this. You may need to refridgerate your
mixture before you shape into the balls, you will be able to tell if it's working or not. Make into round balls about 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Refrigerate (or stick in the freezer for a bit) just to make firm and manageable. Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the cake balls. Allow to cool on wax paper.

Make them look fancy (if desired) by drizzling either more milk chocoate on top or use white chocolate to contrast.

If you use chocolate cake mix and chocolate icing these taste similar to ding dongs. You could also try yellow cake mix and lemon frosing, or other mixtures as you choose.