View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: interested in tips for CDing

Pockets are my favorite right now. I use Happy Heinys & Fuzzi Bunz mostly. These have a waterproof outer & microfleece inner to keep baby dry. You stuff it with absorbant whatever (prefolds, special inserts, even kitchen towels). They wsh & dry easily but you have to be careful what detergent you use (i recommend sportwash, sun or washing soda with simple green) or you'll end up with repelling & dipes will need stripping.

Poop- I just shake it into the potty & toss the dipe into my dry pail. Havent had one stain yet.

Liners- i dont use them...meant to, i just always forgot!

There are tons of patterns to knit and crochet covers out on the internet as well as free diaper patterns that list materials to use. I cant sew to save my life but alot of other mamas could help you with that.

Before I started cding I did a google search & read everything I could find & made a little folder of printed info. Types of dipes, how many I'd need, how often to change, how to wash, what NOT to use, etc. It was really helpful when I couldnt come to the board and ask a question or just to double check what I thought.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote