View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
msbecky
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone's baby have hip displaysia/Pavlik Harness?

I don't feel any pressure from anyone at all. I just know that having been in the harness affected her legs (they were really floppy and had no muscle tone once she was done with the harness). You know how babies have that muscle tension around 3 months old that enables them to stand up on your lap? Well, her legs were just like jelly. And that is normal. I checked with our ped and orthopedist. And she eventually built up that strength and now LOVES to stand up. So I know she'll catch up with everything eventually.

I just feel for her because she tries to crawl but is just not capable yet. I'm curious what is the average for babies who were in the harness is.

I put her on her tummy a little bit most days and she really despises it. Just cries and flaps her arms. She also doesn't roll over at all (front or back) though I'm pretty sure she's capable because on the changing table, of all places, is where she starts flipping around and could probably get all the way over. For the most part she's happy, but just gets frustrated when she sitting playing and wants to go forward for a toy or something. Sometimes she goes into a crawl-type position and just flops flat on her face and starts crying. I feel bad for her.

HOWEVER, this evening she went from sitting to an almost full hands and knees position and held if for a minute before falling over. So that tells me she's on the way. Just curious if anyone else has gone through this.

Thanks!
msbecky is offline   Reply With Quote