Thread: ~$5 Meal Ideas~
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #478
albrecht315
Registered Users
seller

Re: ~$5 Meal Ideas~

I found this thread 3 days ago and have been copying and pasting away recipes like crazy lol....

Wanted to add a couple that I like to do as well...

Spanish Rice Supper
one can of spanish rice( can find in the spanish section or van camps makes the best if your grocer carries it)
1lb or less of hamburger meat
4/5 med sliced potatoes unpeeled
ketchup or tom sauce to taste

Brown the hamburger meat, drain then add all ingredients and cover and cook till potatoes are done. This is not a spicy mexican style dish. It has a real light tomato flavor. We like to add a little extra ketchup to give it a bit more tomatoey taste lol. Salt and Pepper to your liking.

Easy Chicken Alfredo
Egg Noodles or No Yolks or whole wheat pasta you choose
1 can alfredo sauce
1/2 can of evaporated milk
can of shredded chicken or leftover chicken

Boil noodles and mix all other ingredients- its great!!!

Also tried this a couple days ago and my youngest DS ate all the leftovers by himself(11 months old)

Easy Chicken Pie

Chicken leftovers or a few fresh chicken breast/tenders

If starting with frozen or raw chicken
Boil in water with chicken bouillon or veggies you have on hand just enough to cover.
Remove chicken- add two cans of cream of chicken soup, add parsley, season to taste. If you need to thicken you can add flour/or corn starch
shred chicken and put in casserole dish add filling

Sourcream Crust- this is wonderful taste like biscuits but better!! I had extra after covering the casserole and baked them seperately and DS has had them as snacks

2 cups flour
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup sour cream
Mix together, knead a couple times, roll it out and cut in any shape you want- I do triangles and place over casserole-
Bake at 350 about 35 mins

I have more to post later
albrecht315 is offline   Reply With Quote