View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Outings with a Toddler during the "Terrific Two's Stage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethridge View Post
I'm not really in that situation yet, but we go to playdates, play grounds, librarys ect and everyone has their moments.

GET him out of the house and do stuff! If he throws a fit, thats fine. But there is no need to stay locked in the house all day. There is no need to deny the both of you social interaction, you BOTH need it. We are all moms, we have all been there, and we will ALL understand!

Even though we are going through the 'terrific twos' as well, we do get out. Typically he's fine [normally fine for a two year old ] out and about. We just having more jealousy issues here.

The only situations I do try to avoid right now are going to someone's house who has nice, breakable, bric-a-brak everywhere. Then it's not fun for me because I have to chase him around and don't get to visit myself.

I do find getting them out helps a lot actually. It kind of begins to teach them those social skills and eventually they'll get the hang of it.