View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
fanatic4cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Not allowed on Field Trip if I breastfeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post
I have not volunteered in my older childrens third grade class this year because of DS2. But my DD asked her teacher if I could bring the baby on a field trip to a public park. Her response was that I was welcome to bring the baby as long as didn't breastfeed as it would be "inappropriate" . I am fuming ! I didn't call into the school yet just in case am overreacting. What would you do?

Willow wife to Ian:yay Mom to surviving quads Abrial, Jalene, Rylan and my lost baby Tiana 10/11/99 and my brand new bean Finn 11/08/2008
That is DISCRIMINATION and I would be calling ACLU and also the school board and also the breast feeding leagues. They cannot stop you as long as you arent popping your boob out without being covered they cannot tell you that. I would be pissed And I wouldn't shut up about it. You have a right to feed your kid your boob and not the bottle. And if more people breastfed we wouldnt have to explain to other ppls kids how a baby eats. Our bodies are made this way did they have bottles back in the early days of civilization How bout that for a history lesson. DONT SIT ON IT COMPLAIN!
Love is compromise. Its accepting that both of you are diffrent. And learning to love the uniqueness of each other. Its learning to love those things which drive you nuts, and accepting them and not trying to change someone to how you want them to be.
fanatic4cloth is offline   Reply With Quote