View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Liquids other than BM?

Hmm, as long as you are always there to nurse your little one, I wouldn't give any other drinks...

I might offer chilled breast milk if you are unavailable to nurse ds ... but if he does drink it from the cup, I would be very careful to make sure that you pump around the same time... because you wouldn't want your body to start thinking your sweet ds needs less milk, which is what happens when you suppliment with milk pumped another day or juice...

From what I understand breastfed babies (that are fed on demand) do not need extra water, because they get the hydration they need from the breastmilk! You might consider letting him play with or suck on a cold washcloth or teething toy... But if you have further questions, it would be an excellent idea to contact the LLL leader in your area, she would know for sure!! (& I'm sure she gets asked this question a lot living in a very hot area)
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote