View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need encouraging

I think you have to do what works best for you and your baby. I use a pacifier with one of the twins bc the other one won't take it anymore. The older 3 kids never took one. I offered it to all of them but they were never interested. I think the twins got used to them in the NICU but Aaron lost interest once he started bfing at 3 months but Glory still likes it. She isn't always hungry but almost always wants to suck on something and if I nurse her she will puke, puke, and puke again!

When they were newborn, they always had to suck on something or they wouldn't sleep so they used the pacifiers all the time. I feel like a pacifier with Aaron sometimes but he is older than your baby so now I try to distract him with play or if he is really fussy I just nurse him to sleep. I had to cut out dairy products for a while with him bc of fussieness and gas.

I know it can be a lot of work to nurse at first but it is so worth it for you and the baby. I wish you much success and no matter what, don't feel guilty about what you decide to do.

I hope this helps. Not everyone will agree with me but it worked for us. I hope you feel better soon.