View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ped appt left me in tears..hmph

Ok first of all tell your ped to go to he&!

Ped said that in his 36 yrs of experience, he's never met a disagreeable/difficult 9 month old...and that "this is as good as it gets"...meaning...(in his words), by 9 mo...the baby should have calmed to a point of being easily satisfied and will only increase in energy and activity....and he said that a 9 month old should NOT be hyper and incredibly active (btw, I think he's full of ****)....he said that if THIS is as good as it's going to get for me, I'm in for it.

He also went on to say that I needed to see counsel or a medical professional for meds for depression...he says that I'm stressed and projecting that on to drake and making him the way he is...he actually said that my life sucked! Granted, I'm not exactly the happiest I could be...but the doc actually said, "Yea, you can say, your life sucks!"

OK so now he's a shrink and from all the time you've seen him at baby check ups he's qualified to say this to you?

WTF? Ok....he also...actually prescribed an antihistamine (like benadryl but a lot stronger)...to make drake sleep! He said I need to fix this now or it's only going to get worse...UGH...he completely refused to acknowledge that it COULD be reflux..and something WRONG that's waking him up...his answer? Drug the baby. Uhm, NO. He wants us to go back in 1mo because he "really does want to help" me. Yeah.

This is crap too. You aren't supposed to just treat symptoms esp in a baby.. you need to find the cause!

Find a new ped. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh this ticks me off!