View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #11
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Re: A little vent...

Oh do I know how you feel! My 1st ds and 2nd ds are 17 months apart. My 2nd ds and soon to be 3rd ds will only be 12 months apart. AHH!!!
I've found that by having my older ds join in on all the things with my 2nd ds really helps. He "helps" get the baby dressed. He "helps" feed the baby. He "helps" me play pattycake with the baby. Now that 2nd ds is almost 1, it is easier. They play together wonderfully.

I also understand about wanting your child to be part of things with the other kids. We went camping with my family for the holiday weekend and I just got so upset cuz the other kids never wanted to play with my oldest ds. He is 2 and just idolizes his older cousin, Zak, who is 5. If Zak jumps, Timmy jumps. If Zak falls, Timmy falls. Timmy just loves him so much. Well Zak had other kids to play with - 7yo, 8yo, 9yo so he totally ignored Timmy and would even say stuff like "Timmy go away .. I don't want you here". I wanted to cry. Timmy didn't seem to mind .. or understand and continued to follow him around. But then he couldn't do some of the things they were doing so he would just go play in the sandbox by himself. I just felt so heartbroken. It hurt me so much to see this. Jeepers.. preggo me is now crying remembering it. Ugh... maybe I'm just too sensitive .. but I understand!

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote