Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #288
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
As the mother of these children i DO have to right to make any medical decision i feel is the best for my children. Whether people agree with it or not is fine, but as their mother, that is my job - to educate myself and then choose accordingly. This to me runs along the same lines as vaxing, regular doctors visits, tubes in the ears, etc.... it's all medical procedures that i either consent to in their behalf or not.
Except that there is nothing emergent about having a baby circumcised. With vaccines, the diseases at issue occur during childhood, so that decision has to be made right away. Same with recurrent ear infections and well-baby visits. Circumcision is not an emergency procedure. It is optional. Since it is optional, and since the baby is the one who will have to use the penis for urination and sex for the next 80 years, he should be the one to decide whether he wants to be circumcised or not. His parents need not take any part in this non-decision except to leave him the option, since it is his body.
Say no to circumcision!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote