View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #42
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So what's the difference? (CIO related)-UPDATE!

My son has never been a good sleeper (he's too interested in all the other things he could be doing) but one thing that really helped us get him to sleep was FILLING THE BELLY! I didn't realize just how much a 10.5 month old could/should eat! We started solids at 6 months but at 10.5 months Aidan was still getting up at midnight and 5am to take 6oz each. I didn't feel comfortable about forcing him to cry, especially since he was obviously hungry and always went right to sleep afterwards.

Then one night we were busy doing heaven knows what and set a bunch of cheerios on the table. At 8pm I noticed all the cheerios were gone, and that was the first time he's slept through the night since he was 4 months old. By through the night I mean 9 uninterrupted hours.

So from then on we've been stuffing his face with as much healthy, stick-with-you type of foods at night...mostly things like cheerios and cheese because they're easy and he likes it .

Our entire house is happier and healthier now that he sleeps. He still occasionally gets up (teething pain, we think, as at 12 months he still only has two teeth), but it's SO MUCH BETTER!

The "experts" always say you should fill the tummy before bed, but being a new mom I just didn't understand how much food can fit into such a tiny tummy!

Good luck,
Mel
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote